Last modified: February 15, 2023
For the purposes of Our Website and the UK, EU general Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter, “GDPR”), You may be referred to as the data subject or as the user as you are the individual using our Website. The Company is the data controller or legal entity which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of any information relating to You, such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity (hereinafter, “Personal Data”).
We use your personal data to provide and improve Our Website and the products purchased on Our Website.
This Policy only pertains to the Website identified above, and for visitors and/or purchasers located the United Kingdom (the “Territory”. If you are residing outside this Territory, please visit another one of our websites for your location/jurisdiction. By continuing to use this Website, you are representing to us that you are resident in the Territory and intend for us to rely thereon.
Our Website is not intended for anyone under 18 years of age (the “Minimum Age”). Our Website and the services, content, information and programs provided or made available on and/or through Our Website may not be accessed or used by any individuals who are not at least the Minimum Age. No one under the Minimum Age may provide any information to Our Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the Minimum Age. If you are under the Minimum Age, You are strictly prohibited from the following:
- using or providing any information on Our Website
- registering for an Account with Our Website
- making any purchases through Our Website
- providing any information about You to us, including but not limited to Your
- telephone number
- email address
- any username
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
If We learn We have collected or received Persona Data from a person under the Minimum Age without verification of parental consent, We will delete such personal information. If You believe We might have any information from or about anyone under the Minimum Age, please contact Us through the contact information below.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Collection of Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- data collected automatically, either generated by the use of Our Website or from Our Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit) (hereinafter "Usage Data")
Usage Data is collected automatically when any device—such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet (hereinafter, “Device”)—can access Our Website. By way of example, but without limitation, Usage Data may include information such as
- Your Device's Internet Protocol address (hereinafter, “IP address”)
- browser type
- browser version
- the pages of Our Website that You visit
- the time and date of Your visit
- the time spent on those pages
- unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to
- the type of mobile device You use
- Your mobile device unique ID
- the IP address of Your mobile device
- Your mobile operating system
- the type of mobile Internet browser You use
- unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Website or when You access Our Website by or through a mobile device.
Methods of Data Collection
We may collect both Personal Data and/or Usage Data on or through Our Website about You. By way of example but not limitation, this includes information We collect
- directly when You provide it to Us (see section Information You Provide to Us below)
- through Your use of Our Website and links You interact with
- from third parties (e.g., our Service Providers)
- when You interact with Our social media pages and/or accounts (which use is also subject to the privacy policies of the Service Provider upon which such page or account is hosted)
- when You register for an Account
- automatically as You navigate through our Website (see sections Cookies and Tracking Technologies below)
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Data and/or Usage Data that You provide to Us. By way of example but not limitation, this includes
information that You provide by filling in forms on Our Website, including, but not limited to, information provided at the time of
- registering for Account with Our Website
- signing up for one of Our newsletters or mailing lists. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
- entering a giveaway or promotion sponsored by Us
- reporting a problem with Our Website
- records and copies of Your correspondence (including email addresses) if You contact Us
- information provided through email, text message, and postal mailing list sign ups;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and/or
- your search queries on our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter “posted”) on the Company’s social media accounts, including, without limitation, via its
By way of example but without limitation, this may include:
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of Your unique account created for You to access Our Website or parts of Our Website (hereinafter, “Account”). Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how Our users react to them.
Certain features of our Website may also use local stored objects (“Flash Cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. By way of example but not limitation, pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if You share your name and contact information to ask a question about Our products or services, We will use such information to respond to Your inquiry. If You provide such information to purchase a product or service, We will use such information to process Your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save such information to facilitate new product orders or process returns
- to provide, support, personalize, and develop Our Website, products, and services
- to create, maintain, customize, and secure your Account with Us
- to process Your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud
- to provide You with support and to respond to Your inquiries, including to investigate and address Your concerns and monitor and improve our responses
- to personalize Your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to Your interests, including targeted offers and ads through Our Website, and via email or text message (with Your consent, where required by law)
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of Our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business
- for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Website users is among the assets transferred
- in any other way We may describe when you provide the information
- for any other purpose with Your consent
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- with Service Providers we use to support our business (e.g., to monitor and analyze the use of Our Website, to process payments for products purchased on Our Website), to contact You, etc.)
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred (a “Business Transfer”)
- when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, whereby such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside
- to comply with any legal obligation, court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to protect against legal liability
- to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with Our Website
- if We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to invoke or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, Our customers, or others
- to fulfill the purpose for which You provide it
- for any other purpose disclosed by Us when You provide the information
- with Your consent
We will not repurpose your information without prior notice to you, and without your consent to such new or additional purpose.
Retention of Your Personal Data
- to comply with Our legal obligations (for example, if We are required to retain Your data to comply with applicable laws)
- to resolve disputes
- to fulfill your orders and to respond to your order inquiries
- to enforce Our legal agreements and policies
- for internal analysis purposes
- to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Website
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at [the Company's operating offices] and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Security of Your Personal Data
We have implemented reasonable measures designed with the intent to secure Your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. To the fullest extent allowed by law, any transmission of personal information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on Our Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on You. Where we have given You (or where You have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Do not use the same password that You may use for other accounts or websites—either for personal or business use. Do not share Your password with anyone.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data that we maintained may be accessed by third-party companies or individuals employed by Us to maintain our Website, to facilitate Your purchases made on Our Website, to perform services necessary for Our Website or to assist Us in analyzing how our Website is used (hereinafter, “Service Providers”). For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors. These Service Providers collect, store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Website in accordance with their own respective privacy policies.
Some content or applications on the Website are served by third-parties, including application providers, including, without limitation the following:
- Google Analytics (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites)
- Facebook Pixel (https://pixel.facebook.com/about/privacy/)
- Klaviyo (https://www.klaviyo.com/privacy/policy)
- Shopify (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy)
- TikTok Pixel (https://www.tiktok.com/legal/privacy-policy-us?lang=en)
Payment Information Collection, Processing, and Storage
We may provide paid products and/or services within Our Website. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We currently use Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”), an e-commerce platform for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems, to collect and process payments for purchases through our Website.
Sweepstakes, Surveys, Contests and Promotions
From time to time, We may request information from users via sweepstakes, surveys, contests and other promotions. Participation in these sweepstakes, surveys, contests or promotions is completely voluntary and You have a choice whether or not to disclose the requested information.
If You choose to participate, We may ask you for additional information, which may include contact information and/or demographic information to provide better services and options to You. We use the information You provide to administer Our sweepstakes, surveys, contests and other promotions, in addition to the purposes set forth herein.
If You choose not to consent, We will not use Your information other than for that particular sweepstakes, survey, contest or promotion.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
By way of example but not limitation, we may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent. You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract. Processing Personal Data may be necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations. Processing Personal Data may be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests. Processing Personal Data may be necessary to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests. Processing Personal Data may be related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests. Processing Personal Data may be necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, We will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The Company respects the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and guarantees Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your Account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to Our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of Our Website.
Exercising Your GDPR Data Privacy Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
BIGGAR AND LEITH UNLIMITED
42 GRATTAN STREET
IE R32 HR62 PORTLAOISE